Slow Cooker Thai Wild Rice Chicken Soup
Slow cooker meals are great all year, but ESPECIALLY perfect for the Fall and Winter. Today we're sharing a recipe for a delicious soup recipe you'll want to make ASAP.
6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
4 carrots - chopped
4 cups squash - cubed
2 onions diced
2 tablespoons fresh ginger minced
3 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
2/3 cup wild rice or wild rice blend blend used in photos
4 cups chicken stock
2 400 mL cans of full fat coconut milk
1 tablespoon lime juice
1. Combine all ingredients except the coconut milk & lime juice in a 6 quart slow cooker.
2. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
3. Stir in the coconut milk and lime juice and cook for 10 or so minutes until completely combined.
4. Shred chicken with two forks.
5. Serve with lime wedges and cilantro (if desired).
We hope this makes for a simple + delicious dinner sometime this week! Enjoy!